Monday, November 17, 2008

The process of creating a video on a social issue for our class was definitely a daunting process. Though I had a lot of fun creating the video, figuring out which program to use was a nightmare. I first started using Jay Cut, which seems to be a very simple and perfect program to use. But when I began to try and upload my song to it, it turned into a nightmare. I then tried Sprout Builder, which seemed to be more for photos than anything. At 2:00 AM I decided to try and learn the program but once again uploading a song was super annoying. I started to upload the song but after 20 minutes it was at 8% so I got frustrated and moved to the next program, Animoto. Apparently, Animoto is supposed to be a really good program but if you want to make a video over 30 seconds then you have to pay and I ain’t paying! So I finally found Jump Cut (music plays Hallelujah). After about 20 minutes I had Jump Cut figured out and began to start having fun making a video.

For my video I decided to do it on cheating and it’s influence on American marriages. To me there’s always tragedy in comedy and I felt that by making this movie funny it could help ease the pain that many of us have once felt. So here it is, have a laugh:

4 comments:

melwilltell said...

Man that movie really did make me laugh. Grandma with shrek ears? genius! I too used Jump cut for my movie and I must say I had a pretty great time doing it. I'm glad that you decided to take a seemingly serious issue and make it light hearted at the same time. Divorce isn't funny, but Michael Bolton + sour faces is. Hooray!

Ceci Garcia said...

Hilarious video! I love the Michael Bolton song, classic! I seemed to have the exact problem you did with making my video. I tried Sprout Builder but as soon as I was finished, I couldn't play my song throughout the whole video. I also moved to Jumpcut at like 4am. I really liked how simple Jumpcut was and that it played music the whole way through.

Analee Paz said...

Good job on being creative with this assignment! This is a really unique topic (besides unique approach). Seems like you did good research when it came to what program to use, can't say the same for myself! Maybe next time!

nspooner1 said...

I share your pain in finding the right program to use. If anything that was the single most frustrating part of the project.

I'm agog at your choice of topic. (I don't really know what agog means, but I feel it.) Kidding. I thought it was just random enough to get a good laugh.