Friday, October 31, 2008

You Twitt Er

Twitter.com

I recently decided to explore another social media Internet tool called Twitter. Twitter is sort of a combination between instant messaging and blogging. It's blog feature is similar to Facebook's status update but your able to write up to 150 words while at the same time your allowed to have direct contact with other twitter members. You can also follow different twitter members and read their daily blogs (tweets) while others are allowed to follow your blog.

After having a twitter account for more than a week I’m now following 8 people and 6 are following me. I’ve found it to be interesting but I haven’t been able to fully explore it since its search engine has not been working the whole time. Hey Twitter fix your search engine!!! It’s been more than a week!!! Needless to say I’ve been less than impressed with Twitter. I’ve heard that it has such a great upside but yet I haven’t been able to explore it. Hopefully they will fix it soon. Also if you’re on Twitter follow me and I’ll follow you. I’m located at http://twitter.com/adamraven.

2 comments:

Shannon N. said...

It must be frustrating not being able to use one of the websites main tools... I've been toying with getting on Twitter since we talked about it but it just seems like more trouble to keep updated than its worth at this stage in my life. I'm sure it has a lot to do with not really "needing" to network. However, I'm sure once I get out in the work force I might use it more.

Other than the problems with the search engine do you think it's a good site to be on? What are you using it for mostly, work or personal use?

Royal Raven said...

Shannon,

I see how it could be useful. I want to find other people in the music industry who are using it but as of yesterday I still can't use the search. I also have talked to some friends through it.