Saturday, September 20, 2008

Kings Of Leon Rock Internet PR

As a musician/music snob it’s rare these days that I find myself inspired and appreciative of a new band. In 2007, The Kings Of Leon released “Because Of The Times” and made the best album of that year and converted me into a super-fan. On September 23rd they are releasing the highly anticipated album, “Only By The Night,” and promoting it with an Internet publicity campaign by releasing a daily video blog.

The videos are highly entertaining and include all things music: with the band in the studio recording the album and shooting a music video for the song, “Sex On Fire.” They also include all things comedy: with the band snorting wasabi, hitting the bong, attending an Oklahoma University football game and exposing their southern podunk family (the band is made up of 3 brothers and a cousin).
Currently you can listen to songs “Sex On Fire” and “Crawl” at myspace.com/kingsofleon and kingsofleon.com

3 comments:

Christine Pegg said...

Yeah, I love it. A lot of bands are doing this sort of thing. It's a great idea, gets fans excited about the new music and release date. I know a lot of my favorite bands have YouTube accounts set up and blog while they're on tour or in the studio. Good stuff!

a.paz said...

I heard about this too! It is a fantastic,fresh idea. I am glad that bands are coming up with more creative ways of embracing new technology to communicate with fans.

bradleyf said...

I love Kings of Leon! They are a great, new band and I think that it is great that they are trying something new. Getting your music on the internet before the cd release is smart. People will be able to preview what they have to look forward too. Good idea on their part!